If you feel as though your teeth could use a pick me up, you may benefit from cosmetic dentistry, which focuses on improving the appearance of your teeth and smile. However, determining the best procedure for you might not be so obvious. Learn more about cosmetic dentistry procedures and which could benefit you with Dr. Laura Gramse in Springfield, WA.
Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
- Veneers: Veneers improve the appearance of your teeth by covering them with a thin shell of porcelain. This procedure can benefit teeth with cracks, chips, discolorations, yellowing, or a slight misshapen. It can also improve sunder crowding or overcrowding issues.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants can replace one, a few, or all of your missing teeth and their roots. Thanks to their design, implants are versatile and can help you completely restore your smile. While not every patient is a good candidate for dental implants, your Springfield dentist can help you determine if this procedure is your best option for tooth replacement treatment.
- Crowns/Bridges: Crowns help stabilize and protect a damaged or compromised tooth. The crown fits over a tooth and surrounds it on all sides. Crowns also hold a permanent dental bridge, which replaces a missing tooth above the gumline, in its correct place.
- Teeth Whitening: If you are happy with the overall appearance of your teeth but wish they were bright, pearly whites, you could benefit from professional teeth whitening. This process involves an hour-long dental appointment which can lift the color of your teeth up to ten shades in a single sitting. Results are immediate and dramatic, giving your smile a boost overnight.
- Contouring/Reshaping: During contouring and reshaping procedures, your dentist uses a dental drill with various bits to reshape the teeth. Dentists often use contouring and reshaping alongside other cosmetic procedures like veneers.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics benefit those who have misaligned teeth or an abnormal bite. In the past, orthodontic treatment meant permanently adhering noticeable metal brackets and wires to the teeth. However, tooth-colored brackets and wires and clear aligner trays like Invisalign are also available for those wishing for a more subtle treatment. Orthodontic treatment treats issues like misaligned teeth, overbite, underbite, cross bite, under crowding, overcrowding, and more.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry, please contact Dr. Gramse in Springfield, WA. Call (413) 783-6907 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Gramse today!